Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross


Find this book at your library

Read more reviews at NoveList

I really enjoyed this book ... as a matter of fact, I found it hard to put down! The main character, Karen, is someone I instantly empathized with as the reader and throughout the story I felt how torn and courageous she was dealing with the "death" of her husband. The thing I liked most was that there was something I can take away from the fictional story to empower my own life (that's what makes a book especially good in my opinion). The story reinforced my belief that we are never really powerless, and we always have choices. Furthermore, we chose the life we live and the challenges our lives give us prove just how strong we are. These are lessons all of us, particularly divorcees, need to be reminded of often! I can't wait to begin my next book!


---- Reviewed by Linda, Guest

No comments: