Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Story of Danny Dunn by Bryce Courtenay


Find this book at your library

Read more reviews at NoveList

Genre - Family Saga


Of course this book is well written. Although I disagree with it being listed as a family saga, I don't even think it should be fiction.
This book was an Australian history textbook with a thin veil of fiction to meld it together.
I was unable to immerse myself in the story, rising to the surface at the last page surprised it's finished, I have endured this book.
Mr Courtney acknowledges his publishers, researchers and marketing people, yes they have made a book under his name, this one may have paid the bills or even gone to the charities.
Not much of it is imagination or even a story-telling ability.
I know Mr Courtney is a very good author that is why I am disappointed and disillusioned.
When asked if I'd recommend it I will um and ah.
---- Reviewed by Kirsty, Guest

No comments: