Thursday, December 23, 2010

Frontier Wife by Margaret Tanner


Genre - Romance


I ordered Frontier Wife off Amazon only because it was an Australian story. Well, what a pleasant surprise was in store for me. Once I opened the first page I couldn't put this novel down.

Set in Australia during the 1860's it is basically the story of the wealthy squatters versus the poor selectors.

Thomasina (Tommy) Lindsay and her brothers arrive from England to a run down farm which they inherited from an Uncle. Their next door neighbour, Adam Munro, considers their farm has been stolen from him and he wants it back and he will do anything necessary to achieve this aim.

He doesn't anticipate falling for Tommy. She isn't the type of woman he had planned to have as the mother of his sons.

Bushfires, feral mountain families, the harshness of the Australian bush, not to mention lust and finally love make, this story a rolicking good yarn. Haven't heard of this author before, but she has written several other books which I intend to read.Highly recommended.

---- Reviewed by Joan, Guest

1 comment:

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Joan,
Hope this message will get to you. How lovely, thank you so much for the great review for Frontier Wife, I really do appreciate you taking the time to read my story and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Best wishes

Margaret